Ian McNish – Investor Profile
Ian McNish's investment focuses, investment amount, location, and past investments. Use InvestorHunt to get connected with top investors in seconds.
HIPAA-Compliant Group Communication Platform, YC W2012, StartX F2011
Micro Consulting Marketplace
Not in Operations as of 1/15/2018.
Try before you buy service, for consumer electronics
Location Analytics Made Simple. (Y Combinator W14)
Building the world’s open library of freely usable visuals.
Personalized drug combination testing service for cancer patients
Scalable Operations Analytics
Cloud Data Monitoring, Analytics and Remediation Control
The Secure Data Store
Fast & seamless electronics prototyping
Music Services Marketplace
The Organism Company
The Future of Enterprise Search
Private Markets for the Public // Pre-IPO Stock Marketplace
remot3.it provides secure enterprise class network connectivity solutions
Modern eBilling, Matter Management, and Accruals software for in house legal
#1 Mobile Marketplace for Home Improvement
Rigetti Quantum Computing
On a mission to build the world`s most powerful computer
Algolia`s hosted search API is the most reliable platform for building search.
Precise cancer drug delivery
Retail Business Intelligence Company
Cloud 3D Printing Management and Infrastructure
Crowd Sourced Predictions
Business Development Marketplace
One-Stop-Shop for Merchants, Brands and Marketplaces in Brazil
Affordable Health Insurance
About investors and investments
The following tips will help you understand how to work with a database of investors and how to properly attract investment from angel investors and venture capitalists.
How can a database with investors help me?
A database of investors can be a valuable resource for entrepreneurs looking to raise capital for their businesses. With a database of investors, you can access information on potential investors who may be interested in investing in your business. This information can include their contact details, investment preferences, and past investment history.
By using a database of investors, you can quickly identify potential investors who may be a good fit for your business and reach out to them directly to pitch your business idea. This can save you time and effort compared to trying to find investors through other methods, such as networking events.
Furthermore, having access to a database of investors can also help you to target your fundraising efforts more effectively. You can use the information in the database to tailor your pitch to each investor's investment preferences, increasing the likelihood of securing investment.
Overall, a database of investors can be an invaluable tool for entrepreneurs looking to raise capital for their businesses.
What do I need to know before approaching an Angel and VC investors?
Before approaching an angel investor, it is important to ensure that your business is ready for investment. This means:
- Having a clear and well-defined business plan that outlines your goals, strategies, and financial projections.
- Demonstrating a track record of success and growth, if possible, such as through customer traction or revenue growth.
- Conducting thorough research on potential investors to ensure that they are a good fit for your business, and align with your goals and values.
- Being prepared to give up some level of control in your business in exchange for investment capital.
- Being open to feedback and guidance from your investor, as they may have valuable experience and insights to share.
- Having a clear understanding of the terms of the investment, including equity ownership and potential exit strategies.
By being prepared and informed, you can increase your chances of successfully securing investment from investors and positioning your business for growth and success.
How do you increase the chances of getting investment for your startup?
Here are some ways to increase your chances of raising capital for your startup:
- Prepare a clear and compelling business plan: Investors want to see that you understand your business and can explain how you will make money and achieve success. Make sure your business plan outlines your goals, strategies, and financial projections in a way that is easy to understand and supports your case for investment.
- Build a strong team: Investors are often interested in the people behind the startup, so make sure you have a team with a diverse set of skills and experiences. This will show investors that you have the talent and expertise necessary to execute your business plan and achieve your goals.
- Focus on customer acquisition: Demonstrating that you have a clear plan for acquiring and retaining customers is key to convincing investors that your startup has a viable market. This can include conducting market research, building a strong brand, and developing a sales and marketing strategy that is scalable and sustainable.
- Leverage your network: Tap into your network of industry contacts, mentors, and advisors to identify potential investors and get introductions. This can help you to build relationships with investors and increase your chances of securing investment.
- Be open to feedback: Investors will want to provide input and guidance, so be open to feedback and willing to adjust your business plan as needed. This can help you to build a strong working relationship with your investors and increase your chances of long-term success.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of raising money for your startup and positioning your business for growth and success.
We also have a blog where we write helpful articles to help you with startup fundraising.